Hey everyone,
So it has been a fretful and exciting few days. I landed myself my first job since leaving uni - I'm waitressing at an Italian restaurant. It isn't anything towards my big dreams of Publishing but it's something to tide me over until I get there! Plus its a great earner in regards to my holiday planning so I can't complain really.
I've never waited on tables before so I've been really nervous in the run up to my first shift, and although I felt like a bit of a plonker at times I think I could get the hang of it. To be honest though, working with the public is a great thing to whack onto your CV;
Showing that you can handle difficult people and make customers happy is great experience for any type of career, and employers will (or should!) be impressed by this. A lot of employees have to deal with challenging people every day in their work life, and so by showing that you can handle the pressure, you're in turn proving that you are right for the job!
Anyway, I just wanted to share the encouraging news with all you guys!
Bye bye,
Ally X
No comments:
Post a Comment