Hey everyone,
On Wednesday I handed in my final piece of coursework for my degree. That's it. Finito. It was the most terrifying, exhilarating and emotional thing I've had to do in a while. After I posted my essay through that little dropbox, I felt like my world had changed forever. I would never have to go through that again. The stress of referencing, printing in that god awful library and relying on the dreaded Turnitin for my receipt will never cross my mind again for the rest of my life. Will I miss it? You may think I'm crazy, but yes. All of those feelings, those emotions kind of made me feel safe. They were my security blanket, reassuring me that I'm still just a student who doesn't need to think about growing up yet. My mantra was always, I'll think about the future once my degree is over... and now it is I don't want to think about the future. I don't want to face the reality that I'm facing unemployment and moving back in with my mother (even though she's pretty fantastic).
So whilst applying for jobs way out of my league here and there, I'm spending my days watching crappy TV, reading cheap books that Kindle recommend and perfecting my skincare routine with the help of some free Clinique samples (every little helps). I'm still waking up in the morning with the feeling that I have something to do, some piece of work that I'm yet to hand in. I'm still completely in denial to the fact that in a couple of weeks, I won't be a student anymore. It's the worst feeling, but a part of me is convinced that something good will happen soon. I mean, its got to... hasn't it?
Anyway, on that rather depressing note I'm signing off.
Sayonara kids. X
No comments:
Post a Comment